STUD, z.s. association
- STUD, z.s. is an association of gays, lesbians and their friends. We are an independent non-profit organization which operates for the benefit of gays and lesbians, develops and cultivates the LGBT community, seeks full equality and has been trying to overcome the prejudices in the society since 1996.
- We are a nation-wide Czech civic association based in Brno. We are a member of the Association of NGOs of South Moravia, the Czech Council of Children and Youth and platform PROUD.
Our main projects
- Queer Kód – a project with a goal to give space for social and cultural activites for people from LGBTQ+ community and people open to diversity.
- Queer Ball – An original, unconventional and informal ball for all gays, lesbians, queer people and their friends.
- GaTe – Since 2003 we have been organizing regular meetings, few days’ experiential events, sports, cultural or social events for young gays during their coming-out period. We are involved in the development of public education and community life and organize debates at secondary schools.
- Mezipatra Queer Film Festival – A festival of films with gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender themes that we held annually since 2000 in Prague and Brno. Since 2013 we have been participating in its preparation as one of the organizers. It is the biggest cultural event in the life of Czech gay and lesbian community.
- Queer library – Unique and first in the Czech Republic, it contains over 500 Czech or English books, dozens of professional works and hundreds of magazines about LGBT community.-
- Speedymen Brno – a group of friendly boys and girls from Brno that enjoy training, swimming, running, biking, skiing or cross-country skiing together.